Monday 3 August 2015

I've Graduated!

Monday 13th July arrived! It was the day that I had dreamt of ever since I started my degree at University, Graduation Day! 
When I first started University I enrolled on a Graphic Design course however after a couple of months I soon realised that it wasn't for me. I became very stressed and upset that I wasn't enjoying myself and began to panic about what I was going to do!

Ever since doing work experience in an Advertising and Marketing department when I was 16 I knew this was the industry that I would like to break into. Unfortunately they don't teach you much about this subject at Secondary school or Sixth Form therefore I ended up going down the Graphic Design route.

I soon realised that Greenwich University offered a fantastic Advertising and Marketing Course. One day I went to see the programme leader and tried to transfer onto this course however unsurprisingly it was full. They could see how passionate I was about this subject and could see how unhappy I was with the course I was on and therefore recommended that I stopped the Graphics degree, took a year out and reapply for the course I so desperately wanted to take.

On this same day there were students graduating in Advertising and Marketing, and that's when I knew straight away, I want to be one of those people. I want to achieve a degree in that subject. So, as stressful as it was, I stopped the Graphics Design degree and reapplied.

I was sooooo happy to find out that I had got a place on the Advertising and Marketing course. It truly was a great course with amazing tutors who would help you as much as they physically could. I could not thank them enough for all they did for me throughout my degree.
So, the day had finally arrived. It was my turn to graduate with my family beside me and all of my lovely friends I had made during my time at University.

It was such a magical day. To be honest with you, I felt like it was my wedding day! I was quite anxious in the morning however once I got my gown and mortarboard on I felt so excited and proud. I cannot tell you how many photos were taken. Let's just say it was a lot! Now I know how celebrities feel on the red carpet!
I could not be more proud to say that I graduated from one of London's top Universities and also a World Heritage site. Not many people can say they graduated from the film set of Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Thor 2 and Les Misérables! (to name a few...) 
I'm going to wrap up this blog post by saying thank you to my family, my lovely boyfriend and my amazing friends and tutors for their continuous support throughout my degree and for sharing this special day with me :) 

2 comments: